Saturday, April 16, 2011

Ask The Lord

Preparing for this particular posting, I prayed to the Lord and I asked for his help to create and develop it according to his will.  After all, going to the Creator would be the best way to do it!  So, what did I do?  I asked the Lord!
I was reading the Book of Zechariah and the first passage struck my spirit:

Zechariah 10

1 Ask the LORD for rain
In the time of the latter rain.The LORD will make flashing clouds;
He will give them showers of rain,
Grass in the field for everyone.

When we ask the Lord, the result is: He will give! However, it's conditional.  God is not your personal genie.  He is not going to give to you if you do not ask with a right heart.

James 4:2

2 You lust and do not have. You murder and covet and cannot obtain. You fight and war. Yet you do not have because you do not ask.

James 4:3

3 You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures.

Ask is defined as a verb (used with and without an object), with it's origins, and synonyms:

verb (used with object)
1. to put a question to; inquire of: 
2. to request information about:
3. to try to get by using words; to request: to ask advice; to ask a favor.
4. to solicit from; request of: Could I ask you a favor? Ask her for advice.
5. to demand; expect: What price are they asking? A little silence is all I ask.
6. to set a price of: to ask $20 for the hat.
7. to call for; need; require: This experiment asks patience.
8 .to invite: to ask guests to dinner.


Verb (used without object)
10. to make inquiry; inquire: to ask about a person.
11. to request or petition (usually followed by for ): to ask for leniency; to ask for food.
Origin
Before 900; Middle English asken, axen, Old English āscian, āxia
to: question, interrogate. sue, appeal. beseech, beg, entreat. 
 

Following are a few supporting scriptures asking the Lord and how the children of  Israel asked the Lord; He answered them:

Judges 20:23

23 Then the children of Israel went up and wept before the LORD until evening, and asked counsel of the LORD, saying, “Shall I again draw near for battle against the children of my brother Benjamin?” 
And the LORD said, “Go up against him.”   
1 Samuel 1:20
20 So it came to pass in the process of time that Hannah conceived and bore a son, and called his name Samuel, saying, “Because I have asked for him from the LORD.” 

1 Samuel 1:27

27 For this child I prayed, and the LORD has granted me my petition which I asked of Him.

1 Samuel 12:17

17 Is today not the wheat harvest? I will call to the LORD, and He will send thunder and rain, that you may perceive and see that your wickedness is great, which you have done in the sight of the LORD, in asking a king for yourselves."
1 Kings 3:11
11 Then God said to him: “Because you have asked this thing, and have not asked long life for yourself, nor have asked riches for yourself, nor have asked the life of your enemies, but have asked for yourself understanding to discern justice,

1 Kings 3:13

13 And I have also given you what you have not asked: both riches and honor, so that there shall not be anyone like you among the kings all your days.

2 Chronicles 1:11

11 Then God said to Solomon: “Because this was in your heart, and you have not asked riches or wealth or honor or the life of your enemies, nor have you asked long life—but have asked wisdom and knowledge for yourself, that you may judge My people over whom I have made you king—

2 Chronicles 20:4 

4 So Judah gathered together to ask help from the LORD; and from all the cities of Judah they came to seek the LORD.

Isaiah 7:11

11Ask a sign for yourself from the LORD your God; ask it either in the depth or in the height above."

Isaiah 45:11

11 Thus says the LORD,
      The Holy One of Israel, and his Maker:

      “ Ask Me of things to come concerning My sons;
      And concerning the work of My hands, you command Me.

Isaiah 58:2

2 Yet they seek Me daily,
   And delight to know My ways,
   As a nation that did righteousness,
   And did not forsake the ordinance of their God.
   They ask of Me the ordinances of justice;
   They take delight in approaching God.

John 15:16 

16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask  the Father in My name He may give you.

  
John 16:23-24
23 “And in that day you will ask Me nothing. Most assuredly, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you.
24 Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.

From Him comes:
  • life
  • liberty
  • shelter
  • finances
  • happiness
  • food
  • rain for growing food
  • clothing
  • healing
  • counsel
  • victory over a battle
  • wisdom
  • knowledge
  • redemption
  • salvation
Pray (ask) for all areas of your life.  Receive the Lord of your Salvation; ask Him into your life; acknowledge Him. Don't assume that because He already knows what you need before you ask that you don't need to askAsking, a form of communication, establishes a relationship.


If you do not ask, you do not receive; however, there is someone standing at the ready for you if you do not cover yourself with the Lord:


Luke 22:31

31 And the Lord said, “Simon, Simon! Indeed, Satan has asked for you, that he may sift you as wheat.

Do you have a relationship with Jesus Christ?  No?  Then pray this prayer of salvation:

Prayer of Salvation

We don't deserve it;
He Is Willing to Give It to You

Heavenly Father:  I come to your throne of  Grace, Splendor, and Majesty  in the name of Jesus Christ.  Your Word says that "whosoever shall call on the name of  the Lord, shall be saved" and "if thou shall confess with thy mouth, the name of  the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in thy heart, that He died and that God has raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

You said that my salvation would be the result of  the Holy Spirit giving me new birth by coming to live in me and that if I would ask, you would fill me with your Spirit and also give me the ability to speak in other tongues.

I take you at your word:  I confess that Jesus Christ is your son and is Lord.  I believe that He died and you raised him from the dead.  Father God, please forgive me of my sins, transgressions and iniquities--my faults and weaknesses.  I'm sorry.

Thank you for coming into my heart, for giving me your Holy Spirit, as you promised, and for being Lord over my life. Amen.
__________
Scriptures courtesy: Biblegateway
Reference: Abide In Me
Article courtesy: Corpus Christi Website Designs



No comments:

Post a Comment