Thursday, April 21, 2011

Song of Love

Friday, I asked the Lord, "Lord, what's my next topic?"  After all this is Passover week and next Sunday is Easter. Then I waited patiently for his response.

Saturday, again I waited patiently, prayed my usual prayers and went about my daily routine, but still no response from the Lord.

Palm Sunday came and went.  Again, I waited patiently. I watched the Passion of the Christ and was reminded of  what my Lord went through and how He paid with His life for my salvation.  Whispering, I said "Thank You Jesus!"

It was still dark outside when I awoke early Monday morning .  I didn't immediately get up but rather prayed in bed. Then silence. Suddenly, my  much awaited response came to me:  Snippets of  Song of  Love was stirring in my spirit.   I was familiar with this song but couldn't remember who had performed it.  I remembered I had sung this song over and over again into my spirit when I had first heard it but I hadn't heard it now for the past few years.  By now it's more familiar as I know it's my God who is playing it in my spirit!  Reassured that this was my next topic, I awoke and made a few notes in my booklet outlining what I wanted to include, so I wouldn't forget in order to start my research.  Mornings are busy and I can get distracted with daily chores.

For now, though, let's take a look at the various definitions for love:

Love
noun, verb, loved, lov·ing.
–noun
1. a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.
2. a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend.
3. sexual passion or desire.
4. a person toward whom love is felt; beloved person; sweetheart.
5.(used in direct address as a term of endearment, affection, or the like): Would you like to see a movie, love?
6. a love affair;  an intensely amorous incident; amour.
7. the benevolent affection of god for His creatures, or the reverent affection due from them to God.

verb (used with object)
8. to have love or affection for: All her pupils love her.
9. to have a profoundly tender, passionate affection for (another person).
10. to have a strong liking for; take great pleasure in: to love music.
11. to need or require; benefit greatly from: Plants love sunlight.
12. to embrace and kiss (someone), as a lover.

verb (used without object)
13. to have love or affection for another person; be in love.

14. love up, to hug and cuddle: She loves him up every chance she gets.

15. for love,

     a. out of affection or liking; for pleasure.
     b. without compensation; gratuitously: He took care of the poor for love.
16. for the love of, in consideration of; for the sake of: For the love of mercy, stop that noise.
17. in love, infused with or feeling deep affection or passion: a youth always in love.
18. in love with, feeling deep affection or passion for (a person, idea, occupation, etc.); enamored of: in love with the girl next door; in love with one's work.
19. make love,

     a. to embrace and kiss as lovers.
     b. to engage in sexual activity.
20. no love lost, dislike; animosity: There was no love lost between the two brothers.

Origin:
Before 900;  (noun) Middle English; Old English

1.  tenderness, fondness, predilection, warmth, passion, adoration.  Love, affection, devotion  all mean a deep and enduring emotional regard, usually for another person. Love  may apply to various kinds of regard: the charity of the Creator, reverent adoration toward God or toward a person, the relation of parent and child, the regard of friends for each other, romantic feelings for another person, etc. Affection  is a fondness for others that is enduring and tender, but calm. Devotion  is an intense love and steadfast, enduring loyalty to a person; liking, inclination, regard, friendliness, adulate, worship.

hatred, dislike, detest, hate.
 
Wow!  That's a great deal of various definitions for Love; however, I'm only addressing the Love of  God towards his creation.

The following scriptures reflect God's standards of  love towards us, his creation:
  • Deuteronomy 6:5  You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.  
  • Deuteronomy 7:9  “Therefore know that the LORD your God, He is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and mercy for a thousand generations with those who love Him and keep His commandments; 
  • Deuteronomy 23:5 Nevertheless the LORD your God would not listen to Balaam, but the LORD your God turned the curse into a blessing for you, because the LORD your God loves you.
  •  Deuteronomy 30:6  And the LORD your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live. 
  • Psalm 45:7 You love righteousness and hate wickedness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You With the oil of gladness more than Your companions. 
  • Micah 6:8 He has shown you, O man, what is good; And what does the LORD require of you But to do justly, To love mercy,  And to walk humbly with your God?
  • Zephaniah 3:17: 
      The LORD your God in your midst,
      The Mighty One, will save;
      He will rejoice over you with gladness,
      He will quiet you with His love,
      He will rejoice over you with singing.”

Rebecca St. James
Song of Love


  • Matthew 6:24 “No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon. 
  • Luke 16:13 “No servant can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon."
  • John 5:42 But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.
Rebecca St. James
Power of Your Love


  • John 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

And finally,  His ultimate gift of Love, Father God gave his Son, Jesus Christ:
  • John 3:16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Jesus, here am I, to worship you in spirit and in truth. I give you my gifts and talents in writing, to continue in your will. My hands are yours to do with as you desire.

Father God, I pray in the Name of Jesus, that your message spreads out to the world and that anyone reading this entry, carries it forward into their hearts and continues to spread your love forward.

Jesus, truly you are an awesome God! I love you Lord and thank you for showering your love over me and mine.

Do you have a relationship with Jesus Christ?  No?  Then pray this prayer of salvation:

Prayer of Salvation

We don't deserve it;
He Is Willing to Give It to You

Heavenly Father:  I come to your throne of  Grace, Splendor, and Majesty  in the name of Jesus Christ.  Your Word says that "whosoever shall call on the name of  the Lord, shall be saved" and "if thou shall confess with thy mouth, the name of  the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in thy heart, that He died and that God has raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

You said that my salvation would be the result of  the Holy Spirit giving me new birth by coming to live in me and that if I would ask, you would fill me with your Spirit and also give me the ability to speak in other tongues.

I take you at your word:  I confess that Jesus Christ is your son and is Lord.  I believe that He died and you raised him from the dead.  Father God, please forgive me of my sins, transgressions and iniquities--my faults and weaknesses.  I'm sorry.

Thank you for coming into my heart, for giving me your Holy Spirit, as you promised, and for being Lord over my life. Amen.


__________
Scriptures courtesy: Biblegateway
Reference: Abide In Me
Article courtesy: Corpus Christi Website Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment